Establishing a disciplined gym routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it predominantly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to get through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only delivers a diversion but also renders the motivation and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a fitness partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be wary of possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!